About The Home
In the heart of Homestead Valley on a sprawling mostly level ~1/2 acre lot the latest KCS Estates luxury home embraces the organic beauty of its creek-side setting. The juxtaposition of luxe, rustic finishes and sleek, modern design elements come together to create The Modern Lodge; a custom built ~4,000 ft. 5 bedroom, 4.5 bath home that takes advantage of its spectacular natural setting to create a serene private escape just minutes from Mill Valley’s shopping and dining experiences.
From the moment one enters the light filled double height foyer the flawless marriage of nature and architecture captures your senses. The dark, reclaimed wood accent paneling and warm metal accents stand out against the sleek, white modern design elements and blend seamlessly with the natural surroundings visible in the oversized windows of the living areas.
The open floor plan of the main level features a chefs’ kitchen with large walk in butler’s pantry that is bookended by both formal and informal dining areas. The formal dining area is anchored by a large bar paneled in gorgeous black reclaimed wood elevated by a metallic ombre accent wall painted by artist Caroline Lizarraga. The 15ft vaulted ceiling and oversized windows create a light-filled and elegant living space grounded by fireplace’s custom, raw metal surround. A private apartment-like master suite with a spacious sitting area, his and hers walk-in closets, and luxurious spa like bath complete the level.
The thoughtfully laid out upper level includes a generously sized family/media room, private en-suite guest quarters and 2 additional spacious bedrooms each with private water closets flanking the jack-and-jill bath. A well-appointed “bonus” room with adjacent bath that easily functions as a 5th bedroom, office, home gym or children’s playroom makes this level the perfect space for daily life.
As you pull into the sweeping drive of this private, sun filled, ~1/2 acre lot you are struck by the natural beauty that is the backdrop of this stunning home. The sophisticated landscaping takes advantage of the gorgeous creek-side setting to create an organic outdoor space complete with an expansive lawn area and an outdoor covered dining pavilion ideal for entertaining or intimate family gatherings.
- Custom 5 bedroom, 4.5 bathnewly constructed home to be completed Summer 2019.
- 4,000 square foot home on an over ½ acre lot
- Attached 2 car garage with Tesla charging capabilities
- Multi zoned heating and cooling throughout house
- Distributed audio system featuring multi room & outdoor zones
- Lutron Radio Ra lighting control downstairs level
- Soaring 10ft ceilings throughout living space
- Formal dining area with custom bar complete with dual 43 bottle wine refrigerators, custom black reclaimed wood paneling, metallic ombre backdrop with floating wood shelves and flamed black granite counter tops
- Living room with oversized windows large metal encased fireplace and vaulted ~15 ft ceilings
- Custom cabinetry, rustic reclaimed wood accent panels, sleek Secolo Porcelain Calacata Classic by Walker Zanger counter tops and slab backsplash
- Oversized 11’ island that comfortably seats six
- 48” Wolf dual fuel range with 6 burners, griddle and dual and single convection ovens
- 48” counter depth Sub-Zero refrigerator, paneled in rustic, reclaimed wood with oversized, Ochre taupe leather, pewter handles
- Two Asko dishwashers
- Adjacent walk in butler’s pantry with built-in microwave oven, and laundry room/mud room
- Built-in BBQ grill in covered porch off of kitchen
- Private apartment like master suite complete with sitting area
- His and Her walk-in closets
- Spa like bath complete with white oak paneling, double vanity and oversized shower featuring full slab wall of Walker Zanger Calacata White Porcelain and large scale Cromie Italian tile
- Large family/den/media room wired for surround sound
- Private en-suite guest quarters
- 2 additional bedrooms, each with private water closet and jack-and-jill bath
- Well-appointed “bonus” room with adjacent full bath easily functions as 5th bedroom, office, gym or children’s play space
- Mostly level ~1/2 acre lot offers privacy & seamless indoor/outdoor flow
- Oversized fire pit sitting area connects the living room and detached covered, outdoor dining pavilion ideal for entertaining and intimate family gatherings
- Sunny level lawn area, native landscaping and gorgeous natural Creekside setting
Family-friendly Mill Valley is all about schools and sports. Nestled at the foot of Mount Tamalpais, homes in this Marin County town range from 500-square-foot hunter's cabins to multimillion-dollar mansions tucked away on winding, narrow lanes under the redwoods.
Coffee is king in Mill Valley. Downtown, three separate coffee shops do a brisk business. At the Depot, as the sunny town center is called, moms with strollers, kids on tricycles, and teenagers kicking hacky sacks relax in the open-air plaza, which now houses an independent bookstore and cafe. The Depot is also a jumping-off spot for hikers and mountain bikers heading up the slopes of Mount Tamalpais. Nightlife in Mill Valley is anchored by Sweetwater Music Hall, which hosts many well-known musical acts.
As the groomed playing fields at the community center attest, sports are big in Mill Valley, with soccer, baseball, and lacrosse leagues all popular.